This is the Blogger Positivity Campaign, hosted by Jillian at Jillian’s Books, where a bunch of us bloggers are dedicated to spreading the good vibes around this blogosphere! Aila here, bringing this week’s prompt: “Things I ________ The Book Blogging Community.” For this one, I’ve decided to give you all hypothetical gifts.
If I could, I would bring them. But for now, let’s stick with the thought of them, shall we?
Here’s the playlist I listened to while compiling this list – hope you guys enjoy while reading!
For all you amazing bloggers, I would (if I could):
- Travel across the world to personally hand deliver a signed copy of one of your favorite books.
- Screw that, let’s make it ALL your favorite books. Give me a list of 10 or so and if I would hypothetically get them personalized + signed for you.
- Sprinkle confetti on you every time your birthday came up.
- Send cupcakes every other week to cheer you up when you’re in a bad mood or when you’ve read a sad book.
- Send a book every other week (not the cake weeks) to enjoy in the meantime.
- Shower you with gold and silver glitter when you need someone to believe in you during tough times.
- Magically transport tissues and comfort foods after you read a book that makes you cry/heart ache.
- Travel back in time with you so you could reread a favorite book all over again.
- Telepathically communicate my thoughts about a book JUST BEFORE you buy it in case it’s a book you won’t enjoy.
- Build little bookstores a block from your house so you can go there and read to your heart’s content.
And you know why I would do all these things?
Because you deserve it. Because your love of books has touched me, even when I’m surrounded by people who don’t approve of YA literature or reading for fun in general. Your acceptance and generous arms constantly make my heart swell with emotions I never knew I could have. Throughout it all, I have found this blogging community to become my haven. And for that, I thank you and can only want the best for you guys.