When girl meets Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules…Since his return from war, the Duke of Ashbury’s to-do list has been short and anything but sweet: brooding, glowering, menacing London ne’er-do-wells by night. Now there’s a new item on the list. He needs an heir—which means he needs a wife. When Emma Gladstone, a vicar’s daughter turned seamstress, appears in his library wearing a wedding gown, he decides on the spot that she’ll do.
His terms are simple:
– They will be husband and wife by night only.
– No lights, no kissing.
– No questions about his battle scars.
– Last, and most importantly… Once she’s pregnant with his heir, they need never share a bed again.
But Emma is no pushover. She has a few rules of her own:
– They will have dinner together every evening.
– With conversation.
– And unlimited teasing.
– Last, and most importantly… Once she’s seen the man beneath the scars, he can’t stop her from falling in love…
Thank you Edelweiss and Avon for the review copy!
Tessa Dare always provides comical historical romances with the sweetest characters, and The Duchess Deal was no different! I have to admit, after reading pretty much most of her works, there were some familiar tropes she used that were also seen in other books as well. However, that didn’t detract from the lovely story and romance at all. All I can say is that after finishing the book (at 2 am in the morning, no less), my heart was just full of love. This was definitely another successful work for Dare! (And look at that cover – absolutely gorgeous.) Continue reading